Mauritius Gymkhana Club

The Mauritius Military Gymkhana Club was first founded as a Service Club for British officers in the first half of the nineteenth century (between 1834 and 1849).

It was in 1976, that the Royal Navy handed over the Mauritius Naval and Military Gymkhana Club to the very first civilian committee.  Since 1976, the club has undergone major changes both in terms of physical infrastructure, facilities services and in terms of its membership.  It is now truly opened to all Mauritians, expatriates and visitors without distinction of race, creed, colour or religion.  The Club has defined for itself a clear vision for the type and level of Excellence of service that it wants to provide for all its members.

The Club is governed by an Executive Committee of 8 members namely:

  1. The Club's President
  2. The President Elect
  3. The Secretary
  4. The Treasurer
  5. The Golf Captain
  6. The Tennis Captain
  7. Executive Committee Member
  8. Executive Committee Member

In addition to the Executive Committee, several sub-committees exist to look after the day to day running of the Club with the help of the Club Manager, who runs the Club and report to the Executive Committee.

Sub-Committees:

  1. Advisory
  2. Golf
  3. Events
  4. Sports (Tennis, Squash and Swimming pool)
  5. Finance
  6. Health & Safety
  7. Human Resources

Club Facilities:

  1. 18-holes Golf course
  2. Tennis
  3. Modern Gym & Squash
  4. Snooker & Darts
    Swimming Pool
  5. Children's Playground
    Multipurpose Hall
  6. Restaurant & Bars